Monday, July 27, 2009

Should I mention a bad dye job?

A nice older man at my job had greying hair, but it looks good on him. Over the weekend, however, he dyed it and now it looks awful. I guess it was supposed to be brown, but it looks more like burnt orange. I don't know how HE feels about it--if he likes it or knows it's terrible, but how should I react to it, if at all?



1. Ignore it



2. Lie and say it looks good



3. Tell him in confidence that his hair looked fine before and he didn't have to dye it.



What would YOU do? What's the kindest thing to do for a friend? Thanks in advance!



Should I mention a bad dye job?

3



Should I mention a bad dye job?

If he asks you, I'd be honest and without telling him it looks hideous, let him know he looked fine prior to having it done, and a different might look better (or something along those lines). If he states that he feels it looks bad, then you can be more frank...if he seems to like it, then that's what matters.



Should I mention a bad dye job?

IF he asks your opinion, tell him he looked better before (leave out the "you look hideous" comments). If he doesn't mention it, don't lie %26amp; say you like it-just keep quiet!



Should I mention a bad dye job?

#3. sounds very reasonable.



Should I mention a bad dye job?

Tell him it looks bad...there's no use in lying...good luck



Should I mention a bad dye job?

In my opinion, honesty (without critisizing) is the best answer! Take the gentelman aside and kindly let him know that he's a aging very handsomely, and his grey hair is in your opinion a big part of that! Let him know from a womans point of view, the greying of his hair is very classy, sexy, etc. on him. Make sure and use "I" statements like, " I think" ,"I like", etc. That way your not talking down to him, or he thinks your critisizing him in any way. Tell him also that the color he used isn't very flattering for him, it's a nice color, but it doesn't work well, and suggest another color( from the sound of it, a darker brown would be best until he can grow out the yucky color, "just for men" is great, looks natural and still allows that grey to play a role if he feels he must dye his hair! In my opinion, a real friend tells their friends the truth, lying isn't healthy for anyone!!!



Should I mention a bad dye job?

Y do U need to say anything at all about his hair? I'm sure he either knows it looks bad or he likes the way it turned out but thats on him not u.



That would be like u going up to a person with weight on them saying" Boy Ur fat or u need to lose weight" That person is aware they have the weight on them and do not need u in they're face telling them about the weight.



U don't like his hair color " SO WHAT" u don't have too, he 's didn't color his hair to please u and maybe he's gonna do something about it in his own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment