Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Catcher in the Rye - Holden's physical description?

I swear I remember reading this in the book but isn't there a part where Holden describes himself as being tall and about his grey hairs and so on...I can't find it!!!!!!!!!! Am I delusional?? PLEASE help!



The Catcher in the Rye - Holden's physical description?

I'm part of your delusion, too. I just started reading this the other day and here you go, Chapter 2 (p. 9 in my copy) -



I also say, "Boy!" quite a lot. Partly because I have a lousy vocabulary and partly because I act quite young for my age sometimes. I was sixteen then, and I'm seventeen now, and sometimes I act like I'm about thirteen. It's really ironical, because I'm six foot two and a half and I have gray hair. I really do. The one side of my head - the right side- is full of millions of gray hairs.I've had them ever since I was a kid. (Catcher in the Rye)



Nuf? I took that from the book in case you needed any other info about him (like the acting his age part.)



Hope that does it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment